Liferay Nordics is looking for a sales engineer who knows how to code and set up environments but also loves being the go-to technical resource in contract negotiations .
In sales, a bright and winsome sales engineer can often make or break a sales deal. The kind of person who knows how to code and set up environments but also loves being the go-to technical resource in contract negotiations is super important.
If the thought of helping build one of the leading open source software companies with a greater-than-profit vision excites you, apply now and let's chat.
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution-based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create.
- Serve as technical resource of the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site).
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance.
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of proof of concepts starter kits.
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise.
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large.
- Assist with technical whitepapers.
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism.
- Expected travel up to 50%.
- Zeal for learning.
- Love of open source.
- Bachelor's degree, education, experience in computer science, software engineering, and/or systems engineering.
- Experience in technical sales and consulting -- portals, web development, mobile development, web content management, social collaboration, content targeting.
- Experience with Liferay Portal, MySQL, JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, other Java containers.
- Development experience - proficient in Java and Java EE.
- Web Development - Front-end UI/UX development experience a plus.
- Mobile development experience (for Android, iOS) a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, or software sales skills from previous employment.
- Fluent Finnish speaker, having Swedish also a bonus.